Apply to Rent
Guidelines for the application
Please note that these are a general list of requirements, and we want to make sure that the information is out there, but we do take each applicant's situation into account before making a final decision positive or negative.
- All applicants over the age of 18 must complete and pay for the application.
- All applicants per each unit must have a gross monthly income of more than 3X the rent.
- If any applicants have any outstanding judgments or collections, we will have to look closely at your income. We will have to establish that if your wages are garnished you could still afford to pay your rent.
- If you have any outstanding balances, judgments, or collections on behalf of another landlord or property management company, we cannot rent to you unless you have receipts showing the balance was paid in full or have a payment plan worked out that we can verify with the landlord or property management company.
- If you have any outstanding balances, Judgments, or Collections with Dominion Virginia Power or the city where the property is located (for water & Sewer) where you want to live, we will not be able to rent to you, unless you can get authorization for the utilities to be on in your name.
- If any applicants have a criminal record, please be prepared to explain, if you do not explain and indicate no criminal activity and we find a criminal activity that will completely disqualify you from the property.
- Our Security deposits are based on your history, if you do have judgments or collections you may be required to pay 2X the rent for a security deposit.
- If you have a pet you will first need to see if the property will accept a pet and fill out the pet screening application.
We understand that pets are like part of the family but depending on how an owner trains and caresses the animal will determine their behavior. For this reason, we require applicants to fill out a pet screening application or each pet they would like to have with them on the property. With this application, PetSreening.com will collect all your pet(s) information. The more information you provide about your pet(s) will help us determine if we will be able to rent this property to your entire family pet(s) included. The pet application fee starts at $20 for the first pet and $15 for any additional pet.
Our minimum charge would be $450 Per pet, however, that is just a start. The more information that you provide in the pet application helps us determine the pet fee to be charged. Please use the link at the top of our Website to fill out the pet application.
Once your pet application is completed we will then have you go ahead and fill out the application for the property you want to live in.
Just remember not all properties we have listed will accept pets, please call us or check the website and see if pets are accepted prior to filling out a pet application. If you are still unsure you can call, email or text our office and ask.
Be advised you will be required to update your pet information and pay a nominal fee annually prior to any lease renewal being signed.
Service Animal and Support Animal Requirements
We understand that your need is to have your animal with you, however, we need you to fill out the animal application and provide all your application documentation for your Service/Support animal to Pet Screening.
This application is free to you, however, it must be completed so that we are in compliance with all applicable laws covering Service and Support Animals. Please use the link at the top of our website for the Pet screening application.
Application Turnaround TimeApplications will be processed within 24 business hours. If you put in your application you may not hear back from us until Monday morning.
Applying and Payments
To apply for a property, simply click on the Apply Now button next to the property you want to live in.
Application payments can be paid in 2 different ways.
- You can fill out an application and pay at the end of the application via credit card and this will be $50.00.
- You can fill out your application and submit without payment and pay with the PayPal link. Paying with the PayPal link enables you to take advantage of a $10.00 discount on a double application, and a $20.00 discount on a married application by using the drop-down arrows on the link below.
Application Fees must be paid before your application can be processed.
Requirements After Application Approval
You will need your current supervisor (s) to fill out the employment verification, and your current landlord to fill out the tenancy verification. There is a place on the very top where you need to fill in our information and sign giving permission for those people to release that kind of information to us. You or the Employer/Landlord may fax (757-477-6226) or email (email@example.com) to our office. We will need these documents back to us within 48 business hours ) or the property will be back on the market for rent.
Please understand we must obtain your application deposit of Rental Price (which will turn into your security deposit upon move-in) within the same 48 business hours or the property will be back on the market for rent. All rent and the pet fee (if applicable) must be paid prior to keys being disbursed before the move in. If you neglect to sign the lease or move in, your application deposit will be deducted prorated rent for every day that the property was off the market. Also, Please be advised that if you drop the deposit off at our office we will send you your lease online via your new tenant portal.
Also, note that you must provide HO4 Renters Insurance documentation at the time of lease signing (which shall include adding Doud Realty Services, Inc. as “Additional Insured” / “Interested Party”, and minimum coverage of $100,000 of liability). If you do not have your insurance documentation you will be charged $12.00 per month for Tenant liability insurance that will be attached to your monthly rent. Tenant liability insurance is a Monthly commitment and you may obtain your own HO4 Renters insurance and any time. However, once the 1st-month rolls you will be charged for the full month.
Application ProcessingIf any applicants have a criminal record, please be prepared to explain, if you do not explain and indicate no criminal activity or don’t list criminal history, we will definitely not rent to you. Each person’s criminal history is looked at on an individual basis and will be evaluated accordingly.
Application Turnaround TimeApplications will be processed within 24 business hours. If you put in your application over a weekend you may not hear back from us until Monday morning.