Apply to Rent
Guidelines for the application
How to Fill Out an Application
How to View a Rental
Please note that these are a general list of requirements, and we want to make sure that the information is out there, but we do take each applicant's situation in to account before making a final decision positive or negative.
- All applicants over the age of 18 must complete and pay for the application.
- All applicants per each unit must have a gross monthly income of more than 3X the rent.
- If any applicants have any outstanding judgments or collections, we will have to look closely at your income. We will have to establish that if your wages are garnished you could still afford to pay your rent.
- If you have any outstanding balances, judgments, or collections on behalf of another landlord or property management company, we cannot rent to you unless you have receipts showing the balance was paid in full or have a payment plan worked out that we can verify with the landlord or property management company.
- If you have any outstanding balances, Judgments or Collections with Dominion Virginia Power, or the city where the property is located (for water & Sewer) where you want to live, we will not be able to rent to you, unless you can get authorization for the utilities to be on in your name.
- If any applicants have a criminal record, please be prepared to explain, if you do not explain and indicate no criminal activity and we find criminal activity that will completely disqualify you from the property.
- Our Security deposits are based on your history, if you do have judgments or collections you may be required to pay 2X the rent for a security deposit.
- If you have a pet you will first need to see if the property will accept a pet and fill out the pet screening application.
We understand that pets are like part of the family but depending how an owner trains and caress for the animal will determine their behavior. For this reason we require Applicants to fill out a pet screening application or each pet they would like to have with them in the property. With this application, PetSreening.com will collect all your pet(s) information. The more information you provide about your pet(s) will help us determine if we will be able to rent this property to your entire family pet(s) included. The pet application fee starts at $20 for the first pet and $15 any additional pet.
Our minimum charge would be $350 Per pet, however that is just a start. The more information that you provide in the pet application helps us determine the pet fee to be charged. Please use the link at the top of our Website to fill out the pet application.
Once your pet application is completed we will then have you go ahead and fill out the application for the property you want to live in.
Just remember not all properties we have listed will accept pets, please call us or check the website and see if pets are accepted prior to filling out a pet application. If you are still unsure you can call, email or text our office and ask.
Be advised you will be required to update your pet information and pay a nominal fee annually prior to any lease renewal being signed.
Service Animal and Support Animal Requirements+
We understand that your need is to have your animal with you, however we need you to fill out the animal application and provide all your applicable documentation for your Service/Support animal to Petscreening.
This application is free to you, however it must be completed so that we are in compliance with all applicable laws covering Service and support Animals. Please use the link at the top of our website for the Pet screening application.
Application Turnaround Time+
Applications will be processed within 24 business hours. If you put in your application in you may not hear back from us until Monday Morning.
Applying and Payments+
To apply for a property, simply click on the apply Now Button next to the property you want to live in
Application payments can be paid 2 different ways.
- You can fill out an application and pay at the end of the application via credit card and this will be $40.00
- You can fill out your application and submit without payment and pay with the PayPal link . Paying with the PayPal link enables you to take advantage of a $10.00 discount on a double application, and a $20.00 discount on a married application by using the drop down arrows on the link below.
Application Fees must be paid before your application can be processed.
Requirements After Application Approval+
When your application is approved, each applicant will receive an email from us with the subject, "Application Approved Pending Employment and Tenancy Verification.
You will have 48 business hours to get these documents filled out and schedule your lease signing. If you are unable to do this, you may pay your application deposit (which will turn in to your security deposit), and schedule a date further in the future, however keep in mind that if you do not sign your lease each day that the property is off the market waiting for you to sign your lease, we will deduct a daily rent amount until it is returned to the market.
If any applicants have a criminal record, please be prepared to explain, if you do not explain and indicate no criminal activity or don’t list criminal history, we will definitely not rent to you. Each person’s criminal history is looked on an individual basis, and will be evaluated accordingly.
Application Turnaround Time+
Applications will be processed within 24 business hours. If you put in your application in over a weekend you may not hear back from us until Monday Morning.